Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 8, 2012

New direction

The wood and resin work continues to evolve.  There is something about capturing an idea, in a liquid material that turns solid, that really intrigues me.  The resin can be colored, transparent, layered. The possibilities, to me, are limitless.  Recently I wanted to have some hand drawn elements.  I started by using fragments of older drawings and incorporating them in the resin.  Dissatisfied with the results, I started to draw--again.  My hand is not as steady but the results have been very encouraging.  I am listing the sizes, as most of them are smaller than I have been working.




                         SOLD      Red Triangle, wood, resin, drawing, 11 1/2 x 10 1/4 in., 2012




                          Morning Coat, wood, resin, drawing, 11 1/2 x 10 1/4 in., 2012




                               SOLD      Derriere, wood, resin, drawing, 10 1/4 x 10 1/2 in., 2012




                           Shoe with Beach Ball, resin, drawing, 9 1/4 x 8 1/2 in., 2012




                                      G8, wood, resin, drawing, 9 1/4 x 10 in., 2012






                                     Soft Rock, resin, drawing, 12 x 13 in., 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment